Design & Engineering Life Sciences Facilities
The design and build stage
Speed to market and continuous improvement are becoming increasingly critical for the life sciences and technology sectors, together with the added pressures of energy efficient design and environmental considerations.
Quality design and build of high-performance facilities equipped for continual flexibility is imperative to meet the rapid pace of scientific and technical advancement within these sectors.
At Scitech, our extensive history operating in these sectors means that we understand the complexities and challenges associated with capital projects and we will work closely with our clients to design and build the solutions that deliver desired results within the available budget. We understand the need to future proof your design in terms of flexibility and scalability, whether it is a new facility, an extension or conversion of an existing site or process. Our services span from small scale consultancy and feasibility studies, through to delivering the full suite of EPCV design, build and engineering services.
Our full project lifecycle design, build and engineering services include master-planning, location and site analysis, feasibility designs, concept designs, site system surveying and assessment, scheme and detailed designs, which in turn can cover the full range of design disciplines including architecture, buildings services (M&E), process engineering, automation and control, mechanical equipment design, build and engineering, building management systems, structural design and GMP qualification design support. Typically, we follow the RIBA and BSRIA design stages; however, we are flexible and can also work to customer specific design stages. Our in-house safety, cost, commissioning, construction and validation teams support our design and build development process to ensure lifecycle value and compliance.
Through our design, build and engineering services, you will benefit from:Read more
- In-depth knowledge. Our detailed understanding of the processes and regulatory requirements within the life science and advanced technology industries informs our innovative design, build and engineering solutions.
- A collaborative process. We adopt a tried and tested collaborative approach across our multidisciplinary team and always involve our clients to ensure we truly understand their business objectives and required outcomes.
- CAD and BIM. We have in-house design specialists in Computer Aided Design (CAD) & Building Information Modelling (BIM).
- Access to specialists. We have close working relationships with tried and tested specialists who offer structural design, acoustic and computational fluid dynamics modelling and we are skilled at managing these relationships such that they integrate seamlessly into the overall Scitech offering. Lifecycle value and compliance
- Risk management. We will assess and mitigate risks associated with your project and will also design and build with health and safety as a key priority.
- Client-side experience. Many of the Scitech design team have experience of working client side – as such they have a good understanding of working in live manufacturing environments and appreciate the constraints that are involved.