We are looking for an Architectural CAD Technician, based in South Wales or South West England, to work in our Cardiff office. This is a collaborative role, requiring close working with our multi-disciplinary Design Team in Cardiff and our Head Office in Surrey, assisting the architects and electrical engineers specifically using BIM technologies and standards.
The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to use their time productively, maximise efficiency and meet challenging work with the ability to work in accordance to company standards and procedures.
In order to fulfil this key role you will need to have:
- a suitable technical qualification [e.g. degree in architecture or architectural technology, HNC building studies or construction] with 5+ years’ production experience in design, drafting or engineering.
- first-hand knowledge/experience of current versions of Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks Manage.
- hands on experience with BIM/3D Level 2 based project delivery.
- excellent knowledge of PAS1192-2:2013, ISO19650 and other relevant UK BIM standards
- good knowledge and skills with NBS specification software
- good knowledge of construction techniques and products and the experience and ability to interface with multi-disciplinary team and integrate design work. Coordination of built elements and services is an essential skill.
The role will require visiting client sites and hence flexibility towards travelling will be required along with a full driving licence.
What’s in it for you?
We’re all about Perfect Outcomes for our clients which means we also want Perfect Outcomes for our teams – we look after our people, offer opportunities to carve a career and be part of continued success as an employee owned business. We believe in rewarding those who exemplify our values and deliver for our customers. In short, your success is our success. If this role sounds like you and you want to be part of our team then contact us today.
The selection process will be as follows:
- Review of CV and qualifications
- Telephone interview
- Personal face to face interviews
To apply for this position or request more information, please email your CV to [email protected] with contact details and availability. Please do not respond if you are representing a recruitment agency.
Note: The UK Government requires individuals from countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to be in possession of a valid work permit to allow them to take up employment (for more information please visit the Government’s website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk). Scitech Engineering do not provide sponsorship for visa applications, facilitate work permits or enable UK entry work visas for any role advertised. All applicants must hold a valid permit to work in the region required by the role, prior to application, in order to be considered.